So long time I don’t write in my blog, I feel a little guilty about that.. But how to deal with the busy and fast way to live as a Londoner? I haven’t found a solution yet. Anyway, I want to start a weekly (it probably should be considered a bit elastic) post that contains some of the most interesting articles I read. Most of them will be technically focused, but I don’t exclude there could be also articles regarding other fields/industries.
So, for this week, we have:
It’s stressful, annoying and there is no stardard way to do it. It urges a solution.
Yesterday Google announced the successor of the best Android tablet on the market: a revised version of the Nexus 7. I own the current (old?) version, so I was curious to compare the specs of both trying to understand if it could worth the upgrade.
This blog post only reason to exist is to publish the code Y9N5ZGRAPXU2, so I can be accepted there.
Some time ago I found a big list of ways to get more traffic to website. Some ideas are interesting, other are common sense, a few don’t deserve so much attention.
1. Make sure your website is listed in DMOZ: http://dmoz.org/.
2. Write and submit press releases.
3.Write and publish on Twitter blog entries. Always make sure to link back to your website with your blog posts.
4. Write and submit articles. This will be indefinite traffic stuck in the search engines for you. Write quality unique articles, not articles that are rehashed or provide no insight to readers, which is a huge problem these days.
5. Advertise your website in the appropriate categories at Craigslist or similar websites. Try posting your ads in the most populated cities in the world.
6. If a niche related forum that you frequently visit allows signatures, then make sure to add your website URL in there.
7. Make sure to view related products on Amazon.com. You can try and take some customers from your competitors here by providing your own URL if the product is similar.
8. Review websites in your niche on Alexa to try to take some of their traffic by including a reference back to your site.
9. Review some related products on Epinion.
10. If you purchase a product that you actually like, then feel free to give an individual respect when respect is due and leave a testimonial. You should be able to get some traffic from that website if your testimonial is left with a URL.